Friday 19 August 2016

RIDE OR DIE TAG

MAKEUP INVESTMENTS

Makeup, skincare, haircare, nailcare... jeez the list goes on and our poor bank accounts are proof of just how much money we spend grooming ourselves! Yes, I am guilty, guilty of overspending for majority of my life. I sometimes wonder how much I've spent over the years (hundreds, maybe thousands? AHH) but......well there is no point worrying now, the damage is done and I'm the first to admit that I am a self confessed beauty junkie/shopaholic/advertisers dream. But so what, makeup makes me happy. The cost of it though, does not. 

I often find myself fighting with myself whether to buy certain products, especially if it's a rather pricey product. I never used to be like this though. I used to buy ANYTHING and unfortunately learned the hard way, that just because something is expensive, doesn't necessarily mean it works or that its a good product. How annoying is it when you fork out all your hard earned cash on a product that doesn't live up to expectations? Nowadays I'll browse online to see if there is any cheaper dupes/alternative products but sometimes, they can be a waste of money too!

SO I thought I'd share a list of my 'holy grail/ride or die' (worth the money) products to show that some products ARE worth spending a little bit extra. Call it an investment ;-)

1. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray- £22



Everyone needs a setting spray in their life and this is my number 1 I always reach for. It sets all the powders down on my face and it makes my makeup last all night. I never need to reapply my makeup on nights out. 

2. Chanel Tan De Soleil Universal Bronzer - £32


One of the most natural bronzers I own. It gives such a gorgeous colour pay off as though you'd been away in the sun. The tiniest bit goes a long way so definitely worth the investment. I use mine with a Sigma F88 kabuki brush and it blends like a dream!

3. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - £31


I'm all about the matte full coverage foundation and this is photoshop in a bottle. My skin looks flawless when I wear this foundation and I find myself reaching for this more than any other foundation I own. I love it that much I have 3 shades!!

4. Becca Cosmetics & Jaclyn Hill - Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfecter - £32



I'm not really sure what we did before highlighting became the phenomenon it is now - how dull and flat would our skin look?! I own a couple of higlighters yet I reach for this every single time. It's the perfect champagne gold shade that just compliments any makeup look I create. So pigmented and gorgeous - worth every penny!

5. Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette- £38



I kid you not, I've had this palette for 3 or 4 years and look how untouched it looks yet I use it nearly every time I go out! Such a good variety of colours and they are all super pigmented. £38 is amazing value for money when you get 12 eyeshadows. I can't believe it has lasted me as long as it has - another product definitely worth investing in. 

6. Beauty Blender - £16


Again, what did we do before beauty sponges? Beauty Blender were the first to come out with the idea of dampening a sponge then applying your makeup with it, sounds a bit odd but it actually works so well. I've never had such flawless looking makeup before. There are so many brands that have brought dupes of the sponge out but I've had this beauty blender a good while now and it's going strong. I've tried other sponges that once you wash them, they fall apart!! So £16 may seem a bit steep for a sponge but I think it's definitely worth an investment. 

7. Laura Mercier Translucent Powder - £29


This is a must-have product for any beauty addict who loves a flawless finish. 

I use it mainly for setting concealer under my eyes or areas on my face which are likely to crease. It's a finely milled powder so it doesn't cake under the eyes or stick to any dry patches on my face. A little goes a long way as well so again, another product that is great value for money!!

When you're thinking about buying makeup from the drugstore/supermarket, remember this: you get what you pay for. Usually when you pay more for makeup, you're paying for a number of things: a reputable brand name, the packaging, pigmentation and quality. 

I hope this blogpost helps you if you are undecided making your next makeup purchase!

What are your ride or die products? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment